When We Are Closed
During normal surgery hours our receptionists are on duty and will contact the appropriate health care professional. Outside these hours a recorded message will inform you of the number to telephone.
You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation.
Call 111 if:
- you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
- you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
- you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
- you need health information or reassurance about what to do next
NHS walk in service
Warren Farm Urgent Care Centre,
- Washwood Heath Urgent Care Centre
In the case of urgent need when the practice is closed you can call NHS Direct (0845 4647) to speak to a triage nurse. Your needs will be assessed and advice offered or arrangements made for you to see a doctor.
Please do not ask to see a doctor out of hours unless you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.